Chicken curry is a common delicacy in South Asia, Southeast Asia, as well as in the Caribbean.
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 dried red chilies, soaked and ground
- 3 tablespoons finely sliced onion
- 1 small tomato, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced green chili
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp paste
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped coriander leaves (coriantro)
Mix, the marinade, combine with the chicken and set aside. Heat the oil and stir-fry the chili paste and onions for 5 minutes till fragrance. Stir in the dried shrimp paste.
Add the tomato, green chili and chicken cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the chicken from sticking. Add the water, cover and cook over moderately low heat for 30 minutes till the chicken is done. Garnish with the saw-leaf hearb or coriander leaves.