This Chinese recipe combines many great flavours and uses a lot of different meat. The rich aromas from this dish make it a favourite in many Chinese kitchens around the world.
- pork ribs, blanched 1 lb (500 g)
- 12 oz (375 g) chicken pieces, blanched
- 12 oz (375 g) duck pieces, blanched
- 12 oz (375 g) smoked ham hock
- 2 green onions (scallions), coarsely chopped
- 2 inch (5 cm) ginger, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) rice wine or sake
- 20 cups (5 liters) water
Combine all the ingredients and simmer without a cover over the pan. Let it simmer for 2 hours. Then strain the stock through a cheesecloth.