Bite-sized pieces of Chinese broccoli and succulent beef, stir-fried in a delicious mushroom oyster sauce.
- 8 0z (250 g) beef, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 in (1 cm) ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon miced garlic
- 12 oz (350 g) Chinese Broccoli (kailan), cut into bite-sized pieces, stems seperated from the leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon mushroom oyster sauce
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons mushroom oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice wine or sake
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Mix all the Marinade ingredients together and combine with the beef. Marinade for 30 minutes, or overnight.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in a wok over high heat and stir-fry the ginger for 30 seconds then discard the ginger. Add the beef to the wok and stir-fry for about 1 minute untl the beef changes color, then remove the beef from the wok and set aside.
Add the remaining oil to the wok, stir-fry the garlic for 30 seconds over high heat, then add the broccoli stems and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the broccoli leaves to the wok and continue to stir-fry.
Stir in the mushroom oyster sauce and continue to cook for 1 minute, then return the beef to the wok, stir, heat through, and serve.